Sunday, February 15, 2009

Dirty Thirty.....

Well, I know it's been a WHILE since I blogged, but I've misplaced my camera cord/adapter, and have lots of pics waiting to be seen!! Ugh!!! I have no idea why I lose things so often! =)
We have also been really sick around the Ekenseair household. Ella had a stomach virus for over a week, and Michael and his Mom both got it (theirs was short-lived, thank goodness!). She has been a very sick little girl, and even had to have IV fluids mid-illness for dehydration. Scary. We are SO glad she is feeling better! Everyone in Conway has had it I think! She is so skinny and is still getting an appetite back, but NO MORE vomiting. whew.
Yes, I turned DIRTY THIRTY on Friday (the 13th, might I add)!! Although I dreaded it, I had a wonderful day/weekend!!! My friends at work took me to lunch followed by a surprise dessert and gifts! Then, I arrived home to my sister and niece who came to visit, and a SPECIAL delivery had been made!!!!!! Michael surprised me with a NEW DINING ROOM TABLE and a new lamp for my living room!!!! Yes, you read that correctly!! He purchased it over a month ago, and had it delivered as a surprise for my birthday!! WOW!! Many of you know that I've been trying to decide on what to fill our skating rink (aka dining room) with for over 5 years now! So indecisive! The funny part is, I saw this table about two weeks ago and decided it was the one! My husband had already purchased the exact table!!! Does he know me or what? He's awesome.
BUT WAIT- it gets better!! On Saturday, I opened the other gift from Ella and Michael, and in it was an itenerary. That is, FOR MY SURPRISE SAN FRANCISCO TRIP THAT I LEAVE FOR ON TUESDAY!!!!! OMG!!!!! Biggest surprise ever!!!! Most spontaneous thing I've ever done, for sure. I am going with my sister Connie (she has a conference) and we will be gone for a WEEK!!!! I am SO excited I don't know what to do! We are staying in the neatest hotel! I went to SF years ago (probably 13) and loved it, but my memory is horrible, so I can't wait to have the experience all over again. OMG!!!! I have the best husband in all the world (who's love language is obviously gifts)=)!!!
I'm a little apprehensive about leaving Ella after she's been so sick, but Michael assures me that between he and his Mom, she will survive. =) I know I've not been away from her this long - and this far - ever. Pray that she'll feel great and that I won't worry.
THEN- Michael had a fun dinner on Saturday night planned with some of our best friends- my Kim and Matt even came up from Hope! Love you guys! I got to spend Valentines with some of the people I love the most!!! And, my family stayed the weekend with me! (connie, kirk, emily)
Anyway, I'll be blogging about our adventures through the week, so stay tuned!! =)
Thanks to everyone for all the cards and phone calls on my birthday, and while Ella was sick! I have the best friends and family to share milestones (and a little 30s dread) with!! Blessed beyond measure!
Hope you ALL had a wonderful Valentines Day with the people you love!!!

0 comments: