Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Clang Clang Clang Went The Trolley....

We had a blast in the city today We walked down the steep slope to Fisherman's Warf this morning without anyone rolling down! Success! We saw Hyde Pier and had a delicious meal at a street side cafe. The clam chowder was awesome! There are flowers blooming everywhere, and it's amazing how clean this city is- as large as it is! I think I'm in love with CA! The weather was sunny and a perfect- 55-60 degrees. We visited Ghiradelli Square (lots of chocolate) and could see Alcatraz from the Pier. We rode the cable cars all day- too fun- and Connie did not get motion sickness, thank goodness! Afterwards, we went to Union Square- SHOPPING CENTRAL! We're talking Neimans, Saks, Barney's, Macy's, etc., etc., TIMES SEVENTY! I've NEVER seen so many stores in all my life!! I loved just walking in and touching some of the designer fabrics. I did find a Michael Kohrs dress I loved at Saks, but I assumed Michael might blink at the $1300 price tag. gasp!
Last night we dined at the Nob Hill Cafe, just a block from our hotel. It was the MOST declicious pasta I have ever eaten. I will never forget the music that was playing when we wialked into the candelit venue. What an atmosphere! I love all of the quaint little bistros that line the sidewalks.
I cannot say enough about this awesome hotel! It's the most comfortable feather bed I've ever slept in, and probably the highest thread-count sheets! Bliss!
I have a San Francisco culinary tour planned for Friday while Connie is in meetings, and we plan to go see the musical Wicked Saturday evening. Here are a few unedited pics from our Wednesday. Love to all!

















2 comments:

Shelley said...

Glad yall are having a good time!!

Erica said...

I love San Fransciso...it is one of my favorite places to visit. So much fun!