Friday, January 9, 2009

going green.......

Yippee-Hooray! My home computer is back up and running!! I'm not on it right now, but the point is that I could be! We are having a great week so far! Very anxious for the big party tomorrow. Ella's going to have a blast! Aunt Kim got here last night-such a big help, and Connie & fam will be here tonight.
Because I have yet to post Christmas pictures, noone has seen my beautiful REAL tree from this year. I thought I'd give you a little preview before the slide was posted! Until this year, I had never had a live tree at Christmas, and this year Michael and I decided we wanted a BIG FAT TREE that said nothing but Christmas!!! He found the PERFECT tree (he was hugging it and singing the hallelujah chorus when he showed up with it on the front porch- I'm not kidding- pics to prove), and we had such a great experience that we will have one from now on! It was awesome. However, I went from a 7ft. whimpy skinny tree to this giant 9 ft.+ thing, so ornaments were few, but we are all set for next year! I was tempted to leave it with just lights (all 100,000 of them) on it because it was that pretty! Anyway, if anyone is considering for next year- do it! The needles are not bad at all (we bought frasier fir), and our house did not catch fire. It stayed green because we watered it every day and it lasted beyond Christmas Day. Success in our holiday book!